Translate

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Goodbye 2016


"My idea of Christmas, whether old-fashioned or modern, is very simple: loving others. Come to think of it, why do we have to wait for Christmas to do that?"-Bob Hope



My last post was counting down 90 days until Christmas and I had just finished making a costume for my Granddaughter to wear for Halloween..........so I thought I should show you the costume again..........with the Pumpkin Princess inside this time! Is this the most adorable thing you've ever seen?





 
I hosted Thanksgiving at my house this year and was fortunate enough to get all three of my sisters and my Mom and two of my nieces to join me together with some of their family members and one of my sons.  I love this photo of three generations of the ladies......
 
 
I have done very little sewing lately but I did manage to pour some concrete and love into making an Urn to place between the graves of our beloved Daddy and Shayne.  They rest in an old country cemetery devoid of grass but plenty of wind which was constantly overturning the flower vases.  Years ago Daddy had made several  concrete stepping stones using some aluminum ring frames he had made  himself to hold the concrete.   He gave me one of the frames to make some stones myself.  This is the first time I used the frame.  I placed a stone flower Urn in the middle and added marbles representing all the members of the family to it, together with a cross for Daddy and a cross for Shayne and some other little ornaments.......

 
 My sister, Barbara, was sweet enough to take it to the cemetery and place it in just the perfect spot....
 

 
 
May you all enjoy the most blessed Christmas and New Year!
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

Hilachas said...

Oh, what wonderful things you've done, not to mention blogging after 90 days. The Thanksgiving dinner you provided for the family was wonderful, as is that cool picture of the ladies. Its unusual to see everyone come out great in a group photo. Your precious granddaughter is so adorable modeling her pumpkin costume. Thant urn/stepping stone is perfect between the gravestones. Thanks for making that too. I don't know where you find the time to go to work and still accomplish so much. Loving you!

Needled Mom said...

I love seeing the pumpkin costume in use. That is so sweet and the cutest pumpkin in the patch!

That is such a great photo of all of you at Thanksgiving. I admire that you managed to grab the camera. I always forget to make those cherished memories in print.

The stone is amazing and such a fabulous idea. You can tell there was a lot of thought put into it and what a wonderful idea to use your dad's frame for it. Those flowers won't be tipping over anytime soon!

Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.

Maria said...

What a cute pumpkin 🎃 love all your photos of your GD in her costume...
Lovely family photo ...
The urn and plate look beautiful between the two special headstones...

Wishing your family and you a Happy Festive season.

Janie said...

Such adorable photos of your grand daughter, great family photos too.
I'm smiling.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Missy Shay said...

What a great memorial!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ida,oh your grand daughter looks so cute in her pumpkin costume.
What a wonderful family pic ,Merry Christmas and a happy new Year to you all.

Sharm said...

A lovely urn ...... it must be a difficult time of year as I see the date for young Shayne just 3 days before Christmas. Love and hugs to you and your xo

Sara said...

I love this post! You are so talented!!! :)

Lynette said...

Everything you do is so amazing! I loved seeing the little one in her costume. I know Sara still loves all of the costumes you made for her over the years (this year included!!) You get so many things done with not a lot of spare time to do it in. Did I mention that you are amazing?!!!

Janet said...

Your granddaughter is delightful! So happy with her costume. Amazing piece you make with concrete. You are very talented!