Translate

Sunday, August 9, 2015

One can never have too many pincushions......and the Birthday Celebrating continues......


“You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.”
― C. JoyBell C.




I am in a pin cushion state of mind........... I am having the best time making these quick little pin cushion projects...........This little cobbler is a pattern I found on Zippy Designs webpage....she has lots of cute Machine Embroidery patterns.....and the same place I got the fun cupcake pincushion ME pattern for the cupcake pincushions I "baked" last year.....

 So, anyway..........I have been collecting little boxes and other likely containers to make the pin cushions with and here is one that lent itself to the cobbler pattern............The "cobbler" lifts up so you can put extra pins or other notions inside.....
























.........and my birthday celebration continues............my cool staff at the hospital gave me a little party at work last night.....complete with flowers and goodies...............this was just a little part of the spread.........I also had a gourmet salad, fruit, and these awesome little bundt cakes!  (Notice the expensive flower vase in the photo on the right.........lol......)




When I got home, alas, the hospital "designer Vase" was having trouble standing up so I had to switch the flowers into another one....
On another note, I have to share the wonderful surprise I got in the mail from my lovely friend, Mary, who knows how much I love anything Wizard of Oz..........she sent me the sweet little teapot below.......It is a wonderful addition to my Wizard of Oz collection...........thanks, friend.......I love my little "Tea Party"..........can't wait til my granddaughter is old enough to enjoy it with me!


 This week I visit Mom and my siblings and, wait.....I wonder if I get yet another birthday celebration???? Yay!  I love getting older!  
Lol.............at this rate I could be celebrating all month!



 

7 comments:

O'Quilts said...

Adorable pincushions....adorable tiny church...Happy Birthday

sunny said...

Love the pincushions. I'm thinking about suggesting a pincushion swap for our Guild's Christmas party this year, so I'm already looking for ideas. How fun to keep the birthday celebration going - we all deserve to be so special every year.

sew.darn.quilt said...

Sweet pin cushion and a lovely tea pot from your friend. Happy Birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ida,love the pin cushion,so cute,and I love that your birthday celebrations are still going on ,hope you have a lovely day my friend xx

Hilachas said...

I love that you're enjoying your birthday month so much and happy to have been part of some of the celebrations. Yes, that cobbler pincushion is SO cute and SO mine. Thanks! I'm excited about the future tea parties you'll be having with your grandaughter. That will be so much fun.
P.S. Love the first flower vase. Whatever works, right?

Needled Mom said...

I'm still chuckling about the vase!!! lol Your pincushion is just darling and such a clever idea. I'll have to keep my eye open for little boxes for you.

Month long birthday celebrations at our age are the best!!! Have a great time visiting your mom.

Missy Shay said...

What a great surprise, and I love your pin cushion!