Translate

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Raggedy Ann meets the butterflies!


"We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone"— Ronald Reagan


When I went to meet my new grand daughter I was very pleased with the theme my son and daughter in law had chosen for her room......they incorporated the Raggedy Ann Quilt I had made for her with a Butterfly theme.......

My son had showed me the plans for a mural he will paint on her wall.........he used one of the Raggedy Ann embroidery panels in the quilt as a guide and added a butterfly net and showed me this pattern he made....
 
...they had a crib set which included a butterfly theme curtain topper that was a little too short for the window so they had used it on a 48 inch shelf instead....and they also had the butterfly mobile....(This is a stock photo from the manufacturer)
 I was excited to add some machine embroidery to the topper for the Raggedy Ann theme and my son also gave me the dust ruffle because they were using the Raggedy Ann dust ruffle I sent with the quilt on her bed instead...........so anyway...........here is what I came up with..........I used fabric from the dust ruffle and added length to each side of the existing topper.....added some embroidery and......voila! It looks pretty good over my fireplace so hopefully it will look as good over the window......lol............
 Then I used more of the fabric from the dust ruffle to make a cover for the shelf, complete with Raggedy Ann, butterflies, and Lili, (their Black Lab)....here it is already up in Iris Emma's room! (The train was made by my Dad and given to my son a few years ago)

They had also asked me to make something for the mobile so I made a Raggedy Ann Face and a little Lili:
 

they removed two butterflies from the mobile and replaced them with Raggedy and Lili..............


 Here are some closeups of the embroidery I added..........(Yes, I still LOVE my embroidery machine!)













And I have saved the best for last.............here is a photo of Miss Iris Emma next to the Raggedy Ann that Nana made for her......
 You might recall that I made 3 dresses for Raggedy Ann so Iris could change her clothes when she played with her............Daddy decided that this next photo will make a great one to show her when she's older........check out the outfit that Raggedy Ann loaned her friend to wear!  I'm in love.............
  

So that's it for this time.......I am off to make a birthday cake for my Mom who is 94 years old today!  I am blessed...........

Ta ta for now....................................

  

5 comments:

Hilachas said...

What a busy and productive bunch of people all of you are! I love all the projects and that theme is adorable for Little Em. What could be better tha Raggedy Ann and butterlies. I'm so anxious to meet our newest Princess.

Helen said...

Wow so many beautiful projects, love the raggedy Ann and all you machine embroidery. Very clever and artistic Ida !!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ida oh wow your little GD is adorable I love the pic of her in the borrowed Raggy Ann clothes,so sweet,and I love all the beautiful things you have made for her room,and happy birthday to your mum xx

Needled Mom said...

OMGosh....you did such a great job on the nursery pieces for darling little Miss Iris Emma. I love how their clothing is interchangeable too! ;-) Add the lab was brilliant.

Happiest of birthdays to your dear mom.

Missy Shay said...

They should frame that picture and put it in her room! Great job with the additions!