Translate

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Wonderful Gifts!



Time is more value than money. You can get more money, but you cannot get more time.

    ― Jim Rohn




Gosh I think I promised to show you the gift that my Sister gave me when she got back from her travels and I think I said I was going to post it last week......ummmmmm.........well we have been busy embroidering???

So look at this gorgeous needle case that Irene made for me.....


 See how it opens up!  And lots and lots of room!


Isn't this the prettiest thing?  My very First needlecase!  Thanks, Sis, you know how much I love it!

I belong to a swap group with a great bunch of creative ladies.  We swap every two months so we are not overwhelmed and have plenty of time to send our swaps to each other.....well look at this beautiful mug rug I received yesterday from my swap partner, Linda..........


 I had raved about Linda's bird appliques and look at this sweet singing bird and the beautiful flower on the side.........such precise quilting too!  
I explained to my son what a mug rug was for......"you put your cookies, for example, where the flower is and your coffee cup where the bird is so you don't mess up your table"........he looked at me and said out loud what I was thinking....."like you would really do that, Mom?" 
I can't imagine covering this beautiful thing with anything, let alone a coffee cup or cookies!  LOL........Thank you, Linda, I am in love with this..............Even the back is beautiful!


I am still working on the Four Seasons Tablecloth............adding embroidery to it before I put the backing on so I will head up to the sewing room and say Ta-Ta For now!  Talk to you next time with some photos of the Four Seasons Table Cloth.......................


6 comments:

Sherry Of B.S. Crafts said...

That mug rug is darling! And that needle case is too!

Needled Mom said...

Your needlecase is really lovely and I love the cute mug rug. Linda's birds ars so cute!!!! It has been such a fun year of swapping.

Anonymous said...

Ida what a lovely sister you have,and you have received a lovely swap,i love the new look blog its a lot more modern,love it.xx

Hilachas said...

What happened to Dorothy? She's MIA from your header. I'm glad you like your sewing kit. If I'd held on to it a little longer, I might have embroidered something on it. Your mug rug is gorgeous. I wouldn't put cookies on it either. I'd just enjoy looking at it as I drink my coffee and eat my cookies. Can't wait to see that finished tablecloth.

Kat said...

You have a very nice sister (but you knew that already). That needle case is so sweet!

Love the mug rug! I wouldn't put anything on it either, it's too pretty!

Janet said...

It's a gorgeous mug rug and a super sweet needle case. Love all the colours. And I love your travelling hexies at the top of the blog. Too cute.