Translate

Friday, November 30, 2012

Christmas Decorations and House by the Bay for Neighborhood Block Party

  "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment."      ---Benjamin Franklin

 
I am joining Beth at Love Laugh Quilt for her 3rd annual "Neighborhood Block Party".  We each make a house block and it will go into a lotto.  Depending on how many enter, there will be several winners of enough blocks to make a quilt!  Here is my entry;  "House by the Bay".....
 
 
 I also got some of my Christmas Decorating done.....I always put up my little Christmas houses and skating rink.....
 
 and more houses below.......

 
 My two year old grandson will be visiting after Christmas this year......won't he have fun with those!
The Christmas tree is up but still have more ornaments to get on it................and I still have some Christmas projects to complete but not today.......I am on my way to work so 
Ta-Ta for now......talk to you next time.......
 
 
 
 
   

8 comments:

Melody said...

Such a lovely block and your decorating is magical.

Hilachas said...

Your house is so cute. I like how the boats came out. Your little village is just as I remember it and is definitely going to be used and loved by your grandsons.

Janet said...

Your house by the bay is so cute! I'm not entering that enterprise - no time.

Anonymous said...

Ida i love the xmas villages,just gorgeous,oh your grandson will love this pretty sight,have a good day at work.xx

Kat said...

I love your Christmas village. Friends of ours in NY had one and it was always so much fun to watch the tiny trains and see the little stores and people. Your photos brought back great memories for me!

Your block is adorable. Such perfect fabrics for a house on the bay, with the rocks and the boats and the siding on the house. Great job! Looks just like Cape Cod!

Eat Sleep Quilt said...

Your Christmas village is great! I have a small collection somewhere in teh basement, I haven't used it at all.

Needled Mom said...

Your house is just wonderful. I love the boats in the bay.

Your decorating looks beautiful. I hope to get mine done this weekend. Yes, it is a 2 year olds dream come true!!

Rachel said...

Love your house block and your little houses!