Translate

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

One Flower Wednesday.......getting closer to Oz.....and Pets On Quilts Parade

In any situation, the best thing you can do is the right thing; the next best thing you can do is the wrong thing; the worst thing you can do is nothing.                    -Theodore Roosevelt 


Every Wednesday Karen at Journey of a Quilter's One Flower Wednesday has her linky which opens up her garden for all of us to see lots of pretty hexagon flowers.......Click on the link above to go look at all of them.
Here is mine for this week....."The Road to Oz":
I fussy cut this out of a couple of totally different fabrics and with the magic of fabric pastel paints I was able to bring the two together!.......The petal I worked on is the left side middle petal with a section of grayish-white fence and the brown area on it. The yellows didn't quite match either but they do now! (I also painted the brick lines on the yellow brick road with the fabric pastels.)  After you paint as you wish, you place a piece of paper over the fabric and iron on high to set the paint so supposedly it can be washed. (we shall see...lol)......

Next week I will have a "sneak peek" for you instead of a full hexagon flower........and this week I actually have another "sneak peek" for you...........notice the tiny red point on the same petal with the fence I added?  I will show you what it is next week...........


Now I want to remind you all about the fabulous "Pet On Quilts" Show going on at Snoodles Lily Pad Quilting Blog.

 and beg ask you all to go there tomorrow and vote for my quilt (Josh's Kitty Quilt #33) and if you can cast more than one vote please also vote for my Mama's quilt that she made for Josh when he was a baby (Granny's Gift #55)

I am still plugging away at the Dresden State Bird Quilt......I finished one of the center plates plus 4 side bird medallions this week......on my way back up there now to see if I can do a little more........I'm glad I have until Christmas to finish this one..............

I guess that is all for today so I will just say Ta-Ta for now.............

 
 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ida i so love these wizard of oz hexies,cant wait to see them all together,well done.xx

Cherie said...

Great looking flower! I was watching a show that had a feature from the Wizard of Oz. Great idea to use the paints =D

sunny said...

Your flower is amazing!

Rachel said...

Oz is looking good!!

Karen said...

Well done, fantastic flower!!!!

hafza said...

Oh...how lovely,you are clever!!

Hilachas said...

I just love how that hexie flower came out. I may have to borrow your paints some time. Actually, I may have to borrow YOU so you can paint what I need. I need to remember to go vote tomorrow.

Needled Mom said...

I would have never thought of painting what you need. It is a great idea. It looks awesome too.