Translate

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

One Flower Wednesday--Professor Marvel!

"Courage is the most important of all the virtues, because without courage you can't practice any other virtue consistently. You can practice any virtue erratically, but nothing consistently without courage."    - Maya Angelou

When Dorothy ran away from home after mean Miss Gulch had taken Toto away from her she came across a traveling wagon emblazoned with the words, "Professor Marvel....Acclaimed by the crowned heads of Europe...Let him read your past, present, and future....."  And then she met Professor Marvel!  (Professor Marvel was the same person she would see in Oz as the Wonderful Wizard, the Gatekeeper, the Driver of the wagon pulled by the horse of a different color.......and a few more characters......

Here is "My" Professor Marvel..............


See the professor's crystal ball down at the lower left petal?  This flower will go on the "Kansas" side of the wall hanging..........
Each week you can come with me to Karen's One Flower Wednesday at Journey of a Quilter............just click on the link and lets go see a whole garden of flowers!

Last week I posted some photos of the tote I made for my little sis, the teacher............yesterday I finished it up with her initials.........Now it is done and ready to send!

Today I bought some Japanese prints to made a block for Raelene, my swap partner for the Block Swap Adventure........can't wait to get started............I still don't know what block I will make but I do know what fabric I'll use..........and I'm going to go upstairs to the sewing room and get started.........so TaTa for now.................



15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ida you are amazing with these hexies,i love seeing what you come up with,well done and your sister's bag is fantastic,she will love him.xx

Anonymous said...

sorry meant to say she will love it.xx

Karen said...

MARVELous flower and great tote too!

The English Ladies! said...

Great Fabric! Love the flower.

Needled Mom said...

Okay....I am sooo impressed with that hexie!!! It is brilliant.

The initials look great on her bag. She will put that to good use.

Hilachas said...

I continue to "marvel" atthe wonderful job y outdo each week with your hexies. I'm is glad you decided to sew them. Lynnie' s bag is SO perfect for her. Is that her birthday or Christmas gift?

annemieke said...

Funny fabric i like it very much.

Annemieke.

Cherie said...

Great looking flower! You must be having fun making all of them.
Love the bag what a great gift! =D

Rose said...

Can't wait to see what you do with all of your Oz hexi-flowers! The tote it cute-perfect for a teacher!

Quilter Raised in the South said...

awesome! your quilt will be so unique!

Anthea said...

that's a MARVEL-ous hexy flower this week... and the tote bag looks to me a great size, as well as just GREAT!!

sunny said...

So where exactly do you get all this OZ fabric? You're doing such a beautiful job with your hexies. And the bag is just perfect. I wish I was your sister.

marina said...

Your Oz hexies are just amazing!! I have just spent the morning tracing back through your blog to see as many as I could. What a wonderful idea.
Love them.

Kat said...

I am so very behind on blog reading, but I have to say that this flower is MARVELous! I love how you're always able to match up the fabrics so well from one petal to the next.

I'm sure your sister will love the bag. I love personalizing with initials, makes the gift even more special. Have a great week!

Kathy said...

Hey I teach too well I'm a Teacher Assistant but I teach:-) The bag is beautiful an I know she will use it every day. I love your work and would love for us to share blogs mine is www.sewcraftykathy.blog spot.com. found you from Cherie.