Translate

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Vintage Thingie Thursday......Some Glass and Crystal.....and Terrain Apple Update....

"Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense."  -Winston Churchill

    

Today is Vintage Thingie Thursday over at Colorado Lady
so I am going to show you a few of my favorite glass and crystal Thingies..............
This is the first photo I took and it isn't showing everything very well so I attempted to "stage" it a little better and took this second photo.....


Alas, the second photo is not much better than the first......I'm sure I don't need to leave my day job to become a photographer....lol!
 But anyway.... what we have, from the left, is 3 little vintage bottles....I think the one with the shamrock lid was a shoe polish container, the tiny one in front was a toy baby bottle, and the other one in back.....not sure.  
Next to that is a vintage oil lamp, followed by a chandelier-like candle holder. 
In front of the lamp is a swan cream pitcher and in front of the swan is a little glass Scottie Dog who, I am told, was sold packaged full of candy. 
Behind the Scottie is a glass jar of some kind....the glass on this one has turned slightly purple now. 
On the far right is a pretty glass basket.....I use it to hold my makeup brushes.......and last but not least is another little glass dog.......not sure of its history.......
If any of you have some info on any of these items....I would love to hear it!
All these items have been in the family over 25 years some much older than others.......
Don't forget to go check out the other Vintage Thingies.....just click HERE

I'm on a roll............I stayed up last night til 3:00 this morning working on my Terrain Apple Quilt and have ALL the blocks made......and the bottom two rows stitched together.  Took FOREVER to get the layout like I wanted and now that I look at it I still think I could move a couple of blocks.....


But just as soon as I move one....I will have to move two more to make it fit right so this may just be it......
Have to work later today so I'm going to see what I can get done before I have to leave...............TaTa For now............

5 comments:

Cherie said...

Glass always shows up better against a dark background. Remember that!
Love the quilt. Leave the blocks as they are. I know the trouble with block shifting all too well! =D

Hilachas said...

Nice glassware. I don't recognize any of it. I love how your quilt is coming along.

Josie McRazie said...

Beautiful glass, Great work on your quilt and you made me laugh!! I normally just kind of skim by the quotes at the top, today it reminded me of Galaxy Quest (with Tim Allen) "Never give up, never surrender" That movie makes me laugh! Check it out if you have not seen it!! LOL

Needled Mom said...

I always love seeing glassware on display.

The Terrain Apple looks fabulous. I wouldn't move anything either. Great job!

Mrs.Pickles said...

beautiful glass! and great work on that quilt i love the colours!