Translate

Friday, October 21, 2011

Computers and Mug Rugs and Rag quilts, Oh My!

This week I decided to work on the "not so dead" computer that my sis gave me.......it is exactly like the laptop I already have except for one small difference:  The power plug won't charge the battery nor will it power up from the wall.  So I decided to get online and get some tips on how to replace the plug, which was only $19.95 online.  After taking the computer apart with the Dell instructions and removing the motherboard from the housing.......I stumbled upon a deal on eBay which was a brand new replacement motherboard already in the housing which I merely have to drop in for $34.95!!  So here I sit with computer parts left and right and I didn't have to do any of it!


So I gathered all the computer parts and set them aside and decided to quilt instead!  (I will pick up the new motherboard when I visit my kids next week and install it there)
Now here is my quicky little project........and I wish I could have kept it a secret but I'm not very good with secrets, so Irene.........here is your new Sun Bonnet Girl Mug Rug......my very first mug rug!  I looks a little crooked at the lower left side but maybe we can iron it???
So now I have to get ready to go to work so that's it for now........Oh Wait!  I nearly forgot the Rag quilt part of this post:  I picked up a pattern on rag quilting...the quilt as you go kind and I also picked up a few neat quilting books at the second hand store today.  Hopefully I can start the rag quilt next week..... wish me luck!

1 comment:

Hilachas said...

OMG, I love it! I love it! So adorable and look at that piece of "rag" on the side with the sunbonnet girl print too. What a wonderful job you did on your first mug rug too. Thanks. I can hardly wait to see it in "real life." can't wait to see what you do with the computer pieces too.